Rasam is a spicy & tangy liquid dish, a popular dish in South India; Instant Pot rasam recipe…
This is one of the curries served in Sadya. Rasam helps with digestion and is great to sip when you have a headache or cold.
Instant Pot Easy Rasam- Instant Pot Kerala Sadya Recipes
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 People
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Whole pepper corns-1 tsp
- Ginger- 1 inch slice
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Green Chilies, chopped- 3
- Small pearl onions, chopped- 6 (or use 2 shallots)
- Tomato diced- 1, large
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Tamarind juice- 2 inch slice whole tamarind soaked in ½ cup water
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Coconut oil- 2 tbsp
- Soak 2 inch slice tamarind in ½ cup water for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the tamarind in water and release the juice.
- Strain the tamarind extract and keep aside.
- Grind the above mentioned ingredients ‘to grind’ to a coarse paste.
- Turn on the Instant pot.
- Select Saute setting at Normal temperature. Let the pot turn hot.
- Add 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- When the oil gets hot, add mustard seeds and let it splutter, add curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the coarse ground paste to the oil, saute until the raw flavor goes away; for 3 minutes.
- Add tamarind juice and 1 cup water.
- Cook in saute setting for 8 minutes.
- Add 1 to 1½ tsp salt based on your needs.
- Let the rasam come to a boil and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the main pot and keep it covered.
- Serve along with rice.