Refreshing lemon pound cake made in the Instant Pot…
This is a buttery, soft, moist & delicious cake with a hint of lemon in it. If you only have an Instant pot & don’t have an oven, you can actually bake a cake in the Instant Pot. In my Instant Pot Ultra model, it has a cake feature & I use that to bake cakes in it.
All we have to do is make the batter & then cook the cake in the Instant Pot.
This is an easy recipe & the cake will turn out delicious.
Instant Pot Easy Lemon Pound Cake Recipe | Butter Cake | Soft & Moist
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 5 people
- All-purpose flour- 1½ cups
- Baking powder- ½ tsp
- Baking soda- ⅛ tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- White Sugar- 1⅓ cups
- Lemon zest- zest from one lemon
- Butter, unsalted- ¾ cup, at room temperature
- Cream Cheese- ½ cup or 115 grams or 4 ounces
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Eggs- 3 large, at room temperature
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In another bowl, combine white sugar & lemon zest.
- I've grated the zest from one lemon, ensure to grate only the yellow part. The white part of the lemon will be bitter.
- Into a large bowl, add softened butter & cream cheese.
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter & cream cheese well at high speed.
- You can also use a stand mixer, with paddle attachment.
- Add eggs, one to a time & beat well after each addition.
- Let the mixture turn fluffy & pale.
- Add vanilla extract, beat for a minute.
- Add the white sugar-lemon zest, beat well.
- Add the flour mix in 3 additions & beat well after each addition.
- After the flour has been well incorporated, don't overbeat the batter.
- The batter is ready.
- I baked this cake in a 6 quart Instant Pot.
- inches round cake pan will fit perfectly into the stainless steel pot.
- Grease the cake pan generously with melted butter- grease the bottom & sides.
- Spread the cake batter into the cake pan. This is a thick batter.
- Using a silicone spatula, even out the surface & make it smooth.
- Cover the cake pan with a paper towel & on top of the paper towel cover with an aluminum foil.
- This is to prevent moisture from getting into the cake. Do not skip covering the cake pan with paper towel & aluminum foil.
- Into the stainless steel pot, add 1 cup water.
- Place the trivet on the water.
- Place the cake pan on the trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot with the lid.
- Select Cake setting set the time to 50 minutes at high pressure.
- After 50 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes.
- After that do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid.
- Wear a mitten, the pot is very hot.
- Take the trivet along with the cake pan out of the stainless steel pot.
- Remove the aluminum foil & paper towel.
- Let the cake cool down for a few minutes.
- Insert a fork into the center of the cake to check if the center has cooked well.
- Since the cake pan is greased well, the cake will not be sticking to the pan. Run a sharp knife through the sides of the pan to loosen up the cake.
- Transfer the cake to a plate.
- Cut into wedges.
- Enjoy this refreshing & buttery cake along with tea or coffee. YUM.