Laksa is a popular South East Asian dish, made in the Instant Pot effortlessly…
A very refreshing, aromatic & flavourful curry-based dish. I’ve had this dish a few times at Asian restaurants, literally my favorite. I made this in the Instant pot and it turned out delicious. It will be ready in just 15 minutes.
I’ve used store-bought red curry paste, if you are up for making the paste from scratch go for it. Red curry paste is made out of lemongrass, galangal, shallots, coriander root & other aromatic spices. I always keep red curry paste in my refrigerator and make Thai red curry with chicken/shrimp & also add it to Thai soups.
This can be made with chicken or shrimp. Served over noodles or rice & topped with hard-boiled eggs.
Instant Pot Chicken Curry Laksa- Easy to Make Laksa- Asian Recipe
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 People
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Red curry paste- 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Chicken breast or thighs, boneless- 2 breasts, 1 lb or ½ kg
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Chicken stock- ½ cup
- Fish sauce- 2 tbsp
- Spinach, fresh- 1 cup (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
- On the Instant pot, select Saute setting, at medium/normal temperature.
- Let the stainless steel pot turn hot.
- Add oil.
- Add red curry paste, I've used Thai Kitchen brand.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add turmeric powder & coriander powder, saute for 30 seconds.
- Don't burn the spices, and ensure the pot hasn't turned brown.
- Add chicken, combine well & saute for a minute.
- Add coconut milk & chicken stock; combine well.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Cancel saute setting. Select Pressure cook setting. Set time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- After 5 minutes of pressure cooking, open the lid.
- Combine the laksa well.
- Add fish sauce, combine well.
- Fish sauce is salty, hence don't add more salt.
- I also added fresh spinach, this is optional. Green pepper can also be added.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro, combine well.
- Remove the pot from the main pot, keep covered for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add vermicelli rice noodles or chow mein noodles or rice; pour chicken laksa over the noodles & top with hard-boiled eggs.
- Enjoy, this is an absolutely delicious curry, so refreshing.