Beetroot Pulissery or beets cooked in coconut & yogurt, one of the colorful dishes in Sadya; cooked in the Instant Pot…
Instant Pot Beetroot Pulissery- Instant Pot Kerala Sadya Recipe- Beetroot in Coconut-Yogurt
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6 People
- Beetroot grated- 1, large
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Water- 1 cup
- Coconut grated- ¾ cup
- Green chilies- 1
- Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
- Ginger chopped-1/2 tsp
- Yogurt or Curd: 1 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Whole red chilies- 2
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Coconut Oil- 1 tbsp
- Into the stainless steel pot, add grated beetroot along with turmeric powder, salt and water.
- Select saute setting at normal temperature.
- Close the stainless steel pot with a glass lid (used in a saucepan).
- Cook for 10 minutes till beetroot turns soft.
- If the water dries off, add ½ cup more water till beetroot has cooked well.
- Grind all the above mentioned ingredients 'to grind' in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Add the ground paste to the cooked beetroot and cook until the raw smell of coconut goes away; for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ to 1 tsp salt.
- Combine the yogurt well using a spoon.
- Add the yogurt/curd to the cooked beetroot & coconut mixture.
- Mix everything well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the main pot & keep it covered.
- In a small frying pan, heat coconut oil, add mustard seeds, let it splutter,and add whole red chilies and curry leaves, saute and remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the above seasoning over the cooked Beetroot pulissery, keep it covered for somtime.
- The pulissery will thicken as it sits.
- This is one of the colorful side dishes in Sadya.