Dump & Go Instant Pot Chicken Curry, ready in just 10 minutes…
This is the easiest & the delicious chicken curry you will be able to make in the Instant Pot. The best part is all you have to do is dump all the ingredients in the stainless steel pot and let the IP pressure cook for 10 minutes.
I didn’t saute the onions or tomatoes, after making chicken curry this way I’m convinced that I can skip the sauteing onions/tomato part while cooking curries in IP. Making chicken curry couldn’t get any easier & tastier. Have all the ingredients ready, dump them, cook & enjoy.
- Onion, sliced- 3
- Garlic, grated- 2 cloves
- Ginger, grated- 2-inch slice
- Tomatoes, chopped- 1 cup
- Chicken bone-in pieces- 8
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Salt- 1 to 1½ tsp
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Add all the ingredients into the stainless steel pot.
- Combine well, let the spices evenly coat on the chicken pieces.
- Do not add any water or chicken stock.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select pressure cook setting.
- Set the time to 10 minutes at HIGH PRESSURE.
- Pressure should be high, if pressure is set to low cooking time will be longer.
- I've used bone-in chicken pieces, hence 10 minutes pressure cooking is required.
- Note: If using boneless chicken, pressure cook at high pressure for 5 minutes followed by quick pressure release.
- After 10 minutes of pressure cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid.
- Have a taste and add more salt if required.
- Easiest & delicious chicken curry is ready.
- The amount of gravy left in the pot was perfect, so I didn't thicken the gravy.
- if you feel gravy is thin, thicken by cooking in Saute mode for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy along with naan, roti, chapati, rice, etc.