Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert, it means cooked cream. By added pure & fine saffron to the panna cotta, it has turned out absolutely delectable…
This dessert can be made with just 4 simple ingredients. Super easy to make & tastes incredibly delicious.
The Saffron I’ve been using in my cooking is Caravan Saffron, available on Amazon.
- Heavy cream- 2 cups
- Sugar- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp
- Saffron- a few strands or 1 tsp
- Agar-Agar strands- ¼ cup, 1-inch strands (or use 1 tbsp flakes or 2 tsp powder)
- Water- ½ cup
- Into a saucepan- add cream, sugar & saffron.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat, cook for 10 minutes.
- Let the sugar dissolve completely.
- Don't boil the cream.
- In another saucepan, add ¼ cup agar-agar strands or 1tbsp flakes & ½ cup water; cook over medium heat & let it dissolve.
- Note: If using gelatin: add 1 tbsp gelatin to 4 tbsp water, let soak for 10 minutes, combine well and add to the cooked cream & saffron.
- Pour the dissolved agar agar to the cooked cream & saffron.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, let cool down for 5 minutes.
- Pour into dessert bowls or shot glasses.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours till set well.
- Enjoy the melt in your moth & incredible saffron panna cotta. It's pure joy!
- This recipe is for 4 servings, for making 8 servings: Cream: 4 cups, Sugar ¾ cup, Saffron- 2 tsp strands, Agar Agar strands- ¼ cup dissolved in ½ cup water. Or use 1 tbsp Gelatin in 4 tbsp water.