Refreshing fresh rolls for Summer…
An appetizer that can be made without frying or baking. Easy to make and will make you feel refreshed. This is a great appetizer to serve during Summer, perfect for a backyard party as you don’t have to do any cooking. Have the filling ready, just wrap them up in a rice paper, dip them in a dipping sauce and enjoy.
Shrimp rolls, recipe: click here
Thai Chicken Summer rolls, recipe click here
Homemade Thai Fresh Rolls- Thai Summer Rolls
Recipe type: Appetiser
For making veggie filling
- Carrots, cut into small wedges- 2
- Cucumber, cut into small wedges- ½ of a large cucumber
- Spring onions, chopped- 2 stalks
- Fresh Mint leaves, chopped- 8 leaves
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Cooked noodles- 2 cups
- Soy sauce, low-sodium- 2 tbsp
- Fresh lime juice- 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds- 2 tbsp (white or black)
- Ground pepper- a few pinches
- Salt- a few pinches
- Roasted seaweed sheets (optional)
- Rice paper
- Cook noodles in boiling water till they turn soft, drain water and keep aside. Avoid overcooking the noodles as they turn mushy. I've used small cut noodles. If using long noodles, cut them into 2-inch slices before cooking.
- Into a bowl, add all the above-mentioned ingredients 'for making veggie filling'; combine well.
- Rice paper is available at most Asian grocery stores.
- Add water to a bowl.
- Dip the rice paper into the water, let soak for 2 minutes.
- Pat dry on a kitchen paper towel.
- Spread on a plate.
- If using roasted seaweed, cut the sheet into 3-inch slice. You can skip adding seaweed if you don't like it.
- Place the seaweed on one of the ends.
- Place 2 tbsp veggie filling on it.
- Wrap the rice paper: roll from one of the sides, tuck in the sides and roll till the other end.
- Place the roll on a platter.
- I've used small-sized rice papers. If using large-sized rice papers, add the seaweed and filling accordingly.
- You need to have a dipping sauce to enjoy the rolls. I love and would recommend the Thai sweet and hot dipping sauce.
- Perfect appetizers for your summer backyard party, enjoy