Homemade Kabsa Masala, Saudi Arabian spice mix…
Aromatic & flavorful kabsa masala can be made with just 5 ingredients. Kabsa spice mix is a popular spice used in Arabian & Middle Eastern cuisine. Used in making kabsa chicken and rice and in many other chicken & meat-based dishes.
Making homemade kabsa masala is pretty easy, you just have to grind whole spices into a fine powder and store in an airtight container.
Kabsa Making Video
- Whole coriander seeds- 1 tbsp
- Whole fennel seeds- 1 tbsp
- Whole black cardamoms- 1 tbsp (don't replace with Green caradamoms)
- Whole Black Peppercorns- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tbsp
- Dried ginger powder- ½ tbsp
- Into a spice grinder jar; add all the whole spices, turmeric powder & dried ginger powder.
- If you have dried ginger root, you can add that 2 slices.
- Grind to a fine powder.
- Kabsa spice mix can be stored in an air-tight container for a few months.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp of the kabsa spice mix while making Middle Eastern dishes.