Avocado toast topped with eggs along with tasty mango smoothie, healthy & delicious breakfast…
Avocado is a superfood: rich in fiber, loaded with heart-healthy monosaturated fatty acid, lowers cholesterol, high in powerful oxidants, etc.
I often make avocado smoothie for breakfast, diced avocado can be added to salads, make guacamole, so many ways of turning avocado into a delicious dish.
Here is a super healthy dish with superfood avocado, perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- Avocado, ripe- 1 or 2
- Lime or lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Paprika- ½ tsp
- Ground pepper- ¼ tsp
- Salt- a few pinches
- Green onions, minced- 1 tbsp
- Cilantro, minced- 1 tbsp
- Whole wheat or Multi-grain bread slices
- Butter, unsalted- 1 tbsp/bread slice
- Ripe Mango- 1
- Pistachio, unsalted- 5
- Almonds, whole- 4
- Honey- 1 tbsp, if required
- Water- to puree (or add almond milk or cashew milk or regular milk)
- Use ripe avocados.
- Using a sharp knife, cut lengthwise along the sides of the seed. Scoop out the flesh.
- Into a bowl, add the avocado.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado till smooth.
- Add lime or lemon juice, paprika, ground black pepper, salt, green onions & cilantro; combine well.
- Lime or lemon juice will prevent oxidation and avocado wouldn't turn brown.
- In a cast-iron skillet, cook eggs in olive oil- make sunny side up or over-easy eggs based on your preference. Season the eggs with ground pepper. Keep aside.
- Place a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add ½ tbsp butter.
- Place the bread slice over the butter, let bottom side turn crispy and golden.
- Top with ½ tbsp butter.
- Flip over and toast the other side as well.
- Remove the toast from the pan.
- Smear the toast with the avocado spread.
- Top with egg.
- Sprinkle paprika.
- Into a blender jar-add ripe mango, pistachio & almonds.
- If the mango is not too sweet, add honey 1 tbsp.
- Add enough water & puree till smooth.
- Instead of water, you can add almond milk or cashew milk, or regular milk.
- Pour into a mason jar or a tall glass.
- Enjoy this healthy nutritious, absolutely delicious & gourmet breakfast.