Fire up the grill & let’s grill steak, potatoes & sweet corn…
One of the activities I enjoy in Summer is grilling. This time, I grilled sirloin steak & threw some russet potatoes & sweet corn as well on the grill. I like my steak to be seasoned well, made a simple homemade herbal marinade & marinated the steak for an hour. Grilled the steak, my preference is medium-well or should say close to well done- please don’t judge 😀 Grill your steak based on how well you want it. I must say this marinade has made the steak aromatic & flavourful. Also, made a simple feta cheese salad with apple cider vinegrette.
A perfect complete meal to enjoy in Summer.
Grilled Sirloin Steak With Homemade Herbal Marinade | Feta Cheese Salad | Complete Grilled Dinner Recipe
Recipe type: Main
For making the marinade
- Garlic cloves- 2 large
- Ginger- 2-inch slice
- Green onions- 2 stalks
- Mint leaves- 5 leaves
- Cilantro- ¼ cup
- Whole black peppercorns- 1 tsp (for more heat add 2 to 3 tsp)
- Whole cardamom- 5
- Water- ¼ cup
For grilling steak
- Sirloin steak
- Salt- a few pinches
- Butter, unsalted- 1 tbsp/steak
For making feta cheese salad
- Carrots, shredded- 1 cup
- Celery, diced small- ½ cup
- Iceberg lettuce- 2 cups (or any greens)
- Pomegranate- ¼ cup
- Feta cheese, crumbled- ½ cup
For making salad dressing
- Lime or lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Light olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Dried herb seasoning- ½ tsp (optional)
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Russet potatoes
- Sweet corn
- Dinner rolls
- Into a blender jar, add all the ingredients for making the marinade, grind to a smooth paste.
- I've taken sirloin steak, great for grilling.
- Spread the marinade all over the steak.
- Spread some salt & combine well.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes or longer, or marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for making the salad dressing.
- In another bowl, add all the veggies & greens.
- Top with pomegranate & crumbled feta cheese.
- Pour the salad dressing, combine well.
- Pour the salad dressing just before serving the salad, otherwise the veggies will turn soggy.
- Fire up the grill.
- If grilling potatoes, wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil.
- Grease the grill with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the marinated steak.
- Place the potatoes wrapped in foil & sweet corn on the grill.
- Cover the grill.
- Let grill for a few minutes.
- Flip over & grill the other side as well.
- Grill the steak based on how well you want your steak.
- Before taking the steak out of the grill.
- Add 1 tbsp butter/steak, let butter melt & grill for a minute.
- Transfer the grilled steak to a plate.
- Potatoes will take a few minutes to cook.
- Flip the sweet corn & grill, after it's taken out of the grill smear with butter.
- Half the dinner rolls.
- Smear the dinner rolls with butter & place on the grill for a minute till grills marks have formed. Don't place it for more than a minute, the rolls will burn.
- Serve the grilled steak, feta cheese salad, grilled potatoes, sweet corn, dinner rolls on a plate.
- Enjoy with refreshing mint lemonade.