Shrimp marinated in a cilantro marinade and grilled till browned…
This Summer, I didn’t do much grilling and the thought that Summer is going to end soon tempted me to grill more. Everything tastes better when grilled. So, the other day I threw some shrimp on the grill. I made a simple cilantro marinade and marinated the shrimp for a few hours, inserted them into a skewer and grilled till they turned brown. Nothing complicated, a very simple recipe and the grilled shrimp tasted great.
- Shrimp, deveined and shelled- 25
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Green onions or scallions, chopped- 1 stalk
- Whole black pepper corns- 1 tsp
- Ginger, chopped- 1 inch slice
- Garlic, chopped- 1 large clove
- Soy sauce, low-sodium- 1½ tbsp
- In a blender, puree all the ingredients mentioned for making the marinade to a smooth paste by adding very little water.
- Since, soy sauce has salt in it, no need to add salt.
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp along with the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Insert the marinated shrimp into wooden or steel skewers without crowding.
- Spray non-stick cooking oil on the grill.
- Spray non-stick cooking oil on the skewered shrimp as well.
- Grill on medium high heat till the shrimp turns golden brown in colour, rotate the skewer half way through.
- Half way through, spray non-stick cooking oil over the shrimp and grill for a couple more minutes, this will give a nice fried taste to the shrimp.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and let cool down a bit.
- Serve with rice or couscous.