Hands down, this is the best-tasting pizza.
I’ve been following this recipe for making pizza crust from scratch for many years & I absolutely don’t need another recipe. This is the best recipe & the crust turns out awesome every single time. I proof the pizza dough in my Instant Pot yogurt setting.
I love basil pesto & that’s the spread I always use on my pizza crust. After baking the pizza, I also broil it for a couple of minutes which will make the cheese golden brown. Do follow this recipe & you’ll be seen enjoying the most incredible pesto pizza.
Gourmet Pesto Chicken Pizza With Homemade Pizza Dough
Recipe type: Main
For making 1 large thin pizza crust
- All-purpose flour- 2 cups
- Dry active yeast- 1⅛ tsp
- White sugar- ¼ tsp
- Warm water- ¾ cup
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Basil pesto spread
- Green or red pepper
- Sliced onions
- Green onions
- Pickled jalapenos
- Cheddar & mozzeralla cheese
Making pizza dough
- In a bowl, combine yeast, warm water, and sugar, let stand for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the salt and oil to the yeast mix.
- In a large bowl, pour the yeast mix and slowly add the flour; knead for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough well, it should be soft and smooth, don’t add too much flour and make it a hard dough.
- I've proofed the pizza dough in the Instant Pot yogurt setting.
- If you live in a warm place, place the dough on the countertop & let proof for an hour. Or preheat the oven to the lowest temperature for 5 minutes & turn the oven off & keep the dough in the oven for an hour.
- Grease the Instant Pot stainless steel pot with oil.
- Place the pizza dough into the pot.
- Cover the pot with the lid.
- Select Yogurt setting, set the time to 1 hour at medium temperature.
- After an hour, pizza dough will double in size & will be well-proofed.
- Grease a pIzza pan with oil.
- Place the dough & flatten to a round shape.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before topping.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F or 220 C.
- Spread the pizza dough with basil pesto spread.
- Top with veggies of your choice. I've added green peppers, sliced onions, green onions, pickled jalapenos.
- Spread cheese, a mix of cheddar & mozzarella cheese.
- Place the pizza pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of baking, take the pan out of the oven.
- I also broiled the pizza which will make the cheese golden brown.
- Turn on broil setting at high temperature, let the heating elements turn red.
- Place the pizza pan under the heating element & broil for 2 minutes till the cheese turns slightly brown.
- Keep an eye as it will be super hot & the pizza can burn if broiled for more than 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into wedges & enjoy.