Easy to make and tastes awesome- Sesame Soy chicken…
I made this awesome dish last Saturday for lunch, it tasted so good that I wanted to post the recipe right away. It didn’t happen though. Finally, after a week long break from blogging, I am back.
This is a Chinese style dish that can be made with very less ingredients and effortlessly. This can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish along with fried rice or noodles.
Recipe adapted from Tasty.
Making the sauce
Add the fried chicken to the sauce
Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions
- Chicken breasts, diced- 2
- Oil- enough for frying chicken
- All purpose flour- ½ cup
- Milk- ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- a few pinches
- Sesame oil- ½ tbsp
- Vegetable oil- ½ tbsp
- Ginger, minced- 1 inch slice
- Garlic, minced- 2 cloves
- Soy sauce, low-sodium- ½ cup
- Rice vinegar- ¼ cup ( do not use white vinegar)
- Chili Paste or sambal Oelek- 1 tsp
- Corn Starch- ½ tbsp mixed in 1 tbsp cold water
- Sesame seeds- ½ tbsp
- Green onions, chopped- 2 stalks
- Dice 2 boneless chicken breasts.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for making the batter.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add oil and let the oil turn hot.
- Dip the diced chicken in the batter, let the batter coat the chicken evenly, add to the oil and deep fry till golden brown in color.
- Transfer the fried chicken to a kitchen paper towel and keep aside.
- Place a wok or non-stick pan over medium heat, add sesame oil and vegetable oil.
- Add minced ginger and garlic, saute till they turn golden in color.
- Add soy sauce, combine well.
- Add rice vinegar and chili paste, combine well and let the sauce come to a slight boil.
- Add ½ tbsp corn starch mixed in 1 tbsp water, keep stirring while you add the corn starch, Let the sauce thicken.
- Immediately, add the fried chicken to the sauce and combine well and stir fry for a minute.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions, combine well.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- This can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish along with fried rice, plain rice or noodles.
- Tastes delicious, enjoy!