Easy to make & tasty mixed vegetable curry…
I had a few eggplants & green peppers harvested from my vegetable garden and I turned them into a delicious curry. Served with wheat dosa or crepes.
Easy & Tasty Mixed Vegetable Curry | Indian Recipe
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 People
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Onions, chopped- 2
- Ginger-Garlic paste- ½ tbsp
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2
- Eggplant, diced- 2 or 3 small sized
- Green peppers, diced- 2
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander or Fennel powder- 1½ tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Tomato paste- ¼ cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Place a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add oil, let turn hot.
- Add cumin seeds, saute for a few seconds.
- Add onions, season with ½ tsp salt & ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook till onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes & eggplant, combine well.
- Cook covered for a few minutes.
- If it's getting dry, add ½ cup water & cook covered.
- Add green peppers, cook till peppers turn slightly soft. Do not overcook the peppers till they turn mushy.
- Add all the spices & 1 tsp salt; combine well.
- Add tomato paste, combine well.
- Add ½ cup water, cook for 3 minutes.
- Finally, garnish with cilantro.
- Serve to a bowl, enjoy with rice, chapati, or dosa.
Any kind of mixed vegetables can be added- mushrooms & green peppers, cauliflower & green peppers make a great combo.