Homemade and healthy Energy bars or bites made with mixed nuts, dates and flax seeds…
Making homemade healthy energy bars or bites couldn’t get any easier. These are super healthy and nutritious energy bars that can be enjoyed for breakfast and will help you to kick start your day in a healthy and energetic way.
I have literally stopped buying store brought energy bars, I make these quite often over the weekend, store them in an airtight container and enjoy them during the week for breakfast or as a snack in the late afternoon.
Any kind of mixed nuts can be added, I’ve added cashew nuts & almonds. Crushed pecans and walnuts can also be added. Adding dates is a must as it will help to bind everything together and to be rolled into round or any other shapes.
For making Homemade Easy Granola Bars, click here for the recipe
- Butter or Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds- 2 tbsp
- Flaxseeds- 1 tbsp
- Chia seeds- 1 tbsp
- Instant Oats- ¾ cup
- Whole almonds- ¼ cup (crushed)
- Whole cashews- ¼ cup (crushed) or add pistachios
- Raisins- 1 tbsp
- Dates, pitted & chopped- 1 cup purred with 3 tbsp water
- Add the whole almonds & whole cashew nuts into a ziplock bag. Using a rolling pin, crush them.
- Puree the dates with 3 tbsp water to a smooth paste.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add ghee.
- Add sesame seeds, chia seeds & flaxseeds, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add instant oats, raisins, crushed almonds & cashew nuts.
- Saute till oats turn light golden and aromatic.
- Add the pureed dates, combine well.
- Lower the heat & cook for a minute.
- Take the pan off the heat, let cool down.
- Spread the cooled-down mixture onto a parchment paper.
- If you want this to be more sweet you can also add 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup or honey.
- Using your clean hand, mix everything well.
- Make into round shapes.
- Healthy & filling snack, enjoy it for breakfast or post-lunch.
- Leftovers can be stored in an air tight container & kept in the refrigerator for a week.