Air fried healthy & delicious chicken…
I seldom fry chicken these days as I enjoy air-fried chicken that tastes exactly like fried chicken. This has been my go-to recipe for making air-fried chicken, I use freshly made marinade with Indian spices. The other day, I added chaat masala as well, which greatly enhanced the taste & flavour of the chicken. Adding chaat masala to the marinade has been my current obsession.
Easy recipe and the chicken tastes absolutely delicious.
- Chicken, leg-thigh pieces- 3 to 4
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Chaat Masala- 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Water- 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, combine all the spices along with lemon juice & water, make it into a smooth paste.
- Adding chaat masala will enhance the taste & flavour. It’s salty so add additional salt accordingly.
- Spread the marinade all over the chicken.
- Chicken leg-thigh or leg pieces are ideal for making this.
- Let the chicken marinate for 15 to 30 minutes. Or can be marinated in the refrigerator overnight.
- I’ve used Instant Pot Duo crisp + Air fryer.
- Place the stainless steel pot into the main pot. Place the air fryer basket into the stainless steel pot.
- Place the broil tray on the air fryer basket. Grease the broil tray with oil.
- Place the marinated chicken on the tray.
- Spray non-cooking spray on the chicken.
- Close the Instant Pot with the air fryer lid.
- Select Air fry. Set time to 30 minutes, temperature 400 F. Click start.
- After 30 minutes of air frying, open the lid.
- Use tongs to take the air-fried chicken out of the Instant Pot.
- Enjoy while it's warm along with salad or rice.
-How to roast in the oven: preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C, place the marinated chicken on a baking tray, place the tray in the preheated oven, roast for 30 to 40 minutes until the chicken has cooked well. Halfway through, flip over the chicken & continue to roast.