Easy to make oats cookies, tastes delicious and crunchy…
I have been making a lot of fried snacks lately, and I really wanted to take a break from all the fried goodness. While thinking of baked snacks, I thought of the cookie one of my friends had shared with me. Even now I remember how my taste buds went crazy after taking the first bite of that cookie. With each bite, I tried to find out what all it had which gave it that mesmerizing taste. I could taste the oats, raisins, and walnuts in it. It just melted into my mouth.
I wanted to bake it in my kitchen, so the very next day I called up my friend and made her reveal the secret recipe. I was surprised to know that it was one of the easiest cookies to make. Now, this cookie totally agrees with my criteria of being quick and easy. I love to make things quick and without spending much time in the kitchen. All the ingredients to make these cookies were there in my pantry. Right after hanging up the phone, with so much excitement I started to bake. This cookie totally falls into the healthy category as it has oats and is eggless. So, health freaks no need to have any second thoughts. Get into your kitchen, bake these cookies, and indulge in them.
How to make Easy Eggless Oats Cookie
Makes: 10 cookies
- Instant Oats- 1½ cups( I used Quaker instant oats)
- All-purpose flour-1/2 cup
- Baking powder-1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract-1tsp
- Raisins-1/4 cup
- Walnuts or pecans or almonds, chopped-1/4 cup
- Brown sugar-3/4 cup
- Butter( softened, unsalted)-1 stick or 8 tbsp or ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 175 C.
- In a large bowl, combine the instant oats, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, raisins and walnuts or pecans.
- Cream the butter and sugar well till smooth in a stand mixer with paddle attachment or using an electric hand mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients into the creamed butter-sugar mix. Beat the mixture at low speed for a minute or till incorporated.
- Make medium sized balls, flatten it between the palm of your hands and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Don't crowd the cookies while placing them on the baking sheet. Leave enough space, the cookies will expand while baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven.
- The cookies won't be firm enough when it is taken out of the oven, allow them to cool down for 15 minutes, will turn firm and crispy as they cool down.
- Enjoy these delicious oats cookies with a cup of coffee or tea.