Bite-size pieces of Omelette when added to a creamy and rich coconut gravy, turned into an incredibly delicious dish…
I’d thought why would someone slice a nice looking omelette into bite-size pieces and turn into a curry??? Now, I know the reason: because it tastes delicious. If you are tired of having omelette and looking for a way to make exciting dishes with egg, you gotta try this one.
Trying this dish had been in my to-do list for so long, finally prepared it yesterday and felt so glad that I made it. This dish tasted extremely delicious. Even, my Man loved it to the core as it tasted more like a meat dish.
I made a creamy and rich gravy with coconut milk, added the omelette pieces to it, and cooked for a few minutes. An absolutely delicious dish with omelette.
Making the omelette
Cut omelette into squares
Making the gravy
Add the omelette squares to the gravy
Delicious omelette korma curry
- Egg- 3
- Onion, chopped small- 3 tbsp
- Green pepper, chopped small- 2 tbsp
- Red pepper, chopped- 3 tbsp (optional)
- Ground pepper- a few pinches
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Oil- 1½ tbsp
- Whole cardamom- 1
- Whole cloves-2
- Bay leaf-1
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Tomato, chopped- 1
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Water- ½ cup
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients to make the omelette.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil and spread it on the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture and spread it evenly, let the bottom side cook well, gently flip it over and cook the other side as well.
- Let the omelette cool down, cut into squares and keep aside.
- Place a wok or pan over medium heat, add oil.
- Add cardamom, cloves and bay leaf, saute for a few seconds till aromatic.
- Add onion, season with ½ tsp salt and cook till translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cook till onions turn golden brown in color.
- Add chopped tomato, cook covered till it's mashed up.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fennel powder, garam masala and ½ tsp salt. Combine well and saute for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk, combine well.
- Add water and combine well.
- Add the omelette squares to the gravy, gently combine to the gravy and let cook for 4 minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Sprinkle cilantro over the gravy, cook for a few seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep covered for a few minutes.
- Serve this delicious omelette korma curry with roti, naan, chapati, appam etc
You could replace almonds with cashew nuts.