Moist, buttery & delicious pound cake with candied fruits…
If you’re looking to bake an easy cake that calls for simple ingredients & tastes delish, this is the one. Candied fruits will impart a nice sweetness to this cake.
Recipe Courtesy: Joy Of Baking
Dried Fruits Pound Cake- With Candied Fruits
Recipe type: Dessert
- All-purpose flour- 1⅓ cups
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- White granulated sugar- ¾ cup
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Butter, cut into chunks & slightly softened- ¾ cup
- Eggs, large- 3, at room temperature
- Milk- 3 tbsp, at room temperature
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Candied fruits- 1 cup (mixed with 1 tbsp all-purpose flour)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Grease a loaf pan (8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches) with butter, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper & butter the paper.
- The candied fruits I bought were called the glace fruit mix, it didn't have much sugar syrup in it so I didn't pat dry the fruits. If there is a lot of syrup, drain the syrup & pat dry the fruits.
- Add the candied fruits to a bowl & add 1 tbsp all-purpose flour & combine well.
- To a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt & sugar; combine well.
- Use slightly softened butter or keep the butter at room temperature for an hour & cut into chunks.
- I've used an electric hand mixer to make the cake batter.
- You can also use a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add the butter & beat at low speed for a few minutes. The batter will have a crumbled texture.
- Eggs should be at room temperature.
- Add eggs one at a time & beat well after each addition.
- After adding the third egg, beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract & milk, beat for 2 minutes.
- Using a silicone spatula, scrape the sides of the bowl & beat again for a few seconds.
- Finally, add the candied fruits mixed with flour & using a spatula, combine well till well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Smoothen the top with the spatula.
- Keep the pan in the preheated oven at the center rack.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- After 60 minutes, insert a fork or toothpick into the center of the cake, if it comes out clean take the cake out of the oven.
- If the center hasn't cooked well, bake for another 5 minutes.
- This pound cake will have cracks on the top.
- Run a knife through the sides of the cake, to detach the cake from the pan.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack & let cool down completely.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the cake & enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea.
- This cake can be enjoyed while it's warm or chilled.
- Leftover cake can be refrigerated for a week or can be kept in the freezer for 2 months.
- Refrigerated cake- warm up the cake in the microwave for 20 seconds & enjoy.