Crispy & delicious pan-fried potato cutlets or aloo tikki…
Turn potatoes into a delicious cutlet or tikki. On days I don’t have any meat potatoes rescue me. After all, potatoes are an excellent meat substitute. The other day, for lunch I’d made pan-fried potato cutlets or tikki. Dipped the patties in cornstarch slurry, which has made the cutlets very crispy.
This can be enjoyed as it is or turn into sandwiches, burgers; wrap in pita bread, or tortillas. You got so many options.
I’ve also added a teaspoon of chaat masala, which has imparted a nice tangy taste & you’ll get that kick while devouring the cutlets.
Crispy Pan Fried Potato Patties-Cutlets | Aloo Tikki Recipe
Recipe type: Appetiser
Serves: Makes 6
For making potato patties
- Cooked potatoes- 3
- Green onions, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Green pepper, chopped- ¼ cup
- Spinach, chopped- ½ cup
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Garlic powder- ½ tsp (optional)
- Paprika- ½ tsp
- Ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Dried oregano- ½ tsp (optional)
- Chaat Masala- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs- ¼ cup
- Cornstarch- 2 tbsp
- Cold water- 3 tbsp
- Oil- ¼ cup
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave in potato setting till fork tender.
- Or cook them in boiling water.
- Let the potatoes cool down & peel off the skin
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes & add all the ingredients mentioned 'for making the patties', combine well.
- I've added a tsp of chaat masala, this will impart a nice tangy taste & flavour. Don't skip adding this.
- Make into patties. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch & cold water. Make into a smooth slurry without any lumps.
- Place a non-stick wide pan over medium heat, add ¼ cup oil just enough for pan frying.
- Dip the potato patties in cornstarch slurry. This will make the cutlets crispy.
- Place them on the oil.
- Pan fry till both the sides turn crispy & golden brown in color.
- Transfer to a plate.
- These cutlets have turned really cripsy.
- Enjoy with your favourite dipping sauce or tomato ketchup. YUM!