It’s super crispy & delicious…
Sharing the recipe for making my most favorite chicken sandwich that I make often. Timesaver tip, chicken can be cooked ahead of time & stored in the refrigerator or freezer. It will be a breeze to assemble this sandwich.
Have you wondered how to make your sandwich golden & crispy??? All you have to do is smear the top of the bread with melted butter & grill- you will have crispy & golden sandwich. Yum!
- Chicken breast halved vertically- 2
- Paprika- 1 tsp
- Dried oregano- 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Melted butter- 1 tbsp/sandwich
- White bread slices
- Chipotle mayo or any spread
- Tomatoes, sliced- 2/sandwich
- Spinach leaves- 4/sandwich
- Pickled jalapenos- 4/sandwich
- Cheddar cheese
- Spread the seasoning over the chicken, let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Place the seasoned chicken on the oil, pan fry till golden brown.
- Flip the chicken over & pan fry.
- Chicken can be cooked ahead of time & stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Smear bread slices with chipotle mayo or regular mayo or any of your favorite spread.
- Place the pan-fried chicken.
- Top the chicken with sliced tomatoes, spinach & pickled jalapenos.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with another bread slice.
- Spread the top of the bread slice with1 tbsp melted bread- this will make the sandwich crispy & golden.
- Grill the sandwich in a panini maker until golden & crispy.
- Or cook on a cast iron or non-stick skillet, cover the sandwich tightly with a lid and cook till the bread slice at the bottom has turned golden, flip over and cook the other side until golden & crispy.
- Enjoy with your favorite salad.