Perfect weekend breakfast: ghee roasted plantains, and eggs wrapped in coconut crepes…
One of my favorite breakfast is ripe plantains roasted in ghee and beaten eggs scrambled with them. A bowl of this makes a healthy breakfast and is filling. For Saturday breakfast, I made a twist and wrapped the ghee roasted plantains in coconut crepes. Tasted delish. This can be made even more delicious by drizzling chocolate syrup over the crepe or how about topping with ice cream? Mmmm, absolutely Yum!
Coconut Crepes Stuffed with Ghee Roasted Plantains
Recipe type: Breakfast
For making Crepe Batter-Makes 3 large crepe
- All-purpose flour- 1 cup
- Coconut milk, thin- ¾ to 1 cup (to make thin consistency batter)
- Turmeric powder- ⅛ tsp (for yellow color) (optional)
- Salt- ¼ tsp
For making Stuffing
- Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Ripe plantains, diced- 2
- Eggs, beaten- 3
- Almonds or Cashew nuts, chopped- 10
- White or Brown sugar- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Dice the ripe plantains.
- Place a wide pan over medium heat, add ghee.
- Add the diced plantains, roast till golden.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and beat well using a fork.
- Add the beaten eggs to the roasted plantains, combine and scramble the eggs. Let cook for a few minutes.
- Add sugar and chopped almonds, combine well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Instead of sugar, you can add agave nectar.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep aside.
Making the Crepe Batter
- In a blender, blend together all-purpose flour, coconut milk, turmeric powder, and salt into a smooth and thin consistency. Pour into a bowl.
- One cup of all-purpose flour will make 3 large crepes. For making more, increase the amount accordingly.
- Turmeric powder will impart a nice golden yellow color to the crepe, it's optional.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, grease with ½ tbsp ghee.
- Pour one spoonful of batter, spread to a round shape.
- Let the bottom side cook well, flip over and let the other side cook well too.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Top the crepe with prepared ghee roasted plantain/eggs. Fold the crepe.
- If you prefer, you can drizzle chocolate syrup over the crepes. To make it even more delicious top with ice cream, Yumm!