Chicken stuffed paratha or flatbread…
This is a delicious & filling paratha, stuffed with ground chicken masala. Cooked in ghee till the parathas turn golden brown. Enjoy with raita & pickle.
Chicken Stuffed Paratha | Keema Paratha Recipe
Serves: 6 parathas
- Wheat flour or Atta- 2 cups
- Oil- ½ tbsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Water- 1 cup
Making chicken filling
- Boneless Chicken ground- 2 cups
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Onions, minced- 2
- Ginger-garlic paste- ½ tbsp
- Green chilies, chopped- 1
- Tomato paste- ¼ cup
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tbsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Green pepper, minced- ¼ cup
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- In a large bowl, add wheat flour, salt, oil, combine well.
- Add water little by little & knead into a soft & smooth dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth & let rest for 30 minutes.
- You can either use ground chicken or grind 1 boneless chicken breast in a food processor.
- Place a wide saucepan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add cumin seeds, onions, saute with ½ tsp salt.
- Add ginger-garlic paste & green chilies, cook till onions turn light golden in color.
- Add tomato paste, combine well.
- Add ground chicken, combine well without any lumps.
- Add green pepper, cook covered for a few minutes till chicken has cooked well.
- Let the masala turn dry.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Remove the pan from the heat, let cool down.
- Make medium-sized balls out of the dough.
- Dust the wooden board with flour.
- Place the dough ball & roll to a round shape.
- Place 3 tbsp chicken masala onto the center.
- Make pleats with the rolled dough edges, gather them together & make into a round shape.
- Dust some flour & gently roll into a round shape. Don’t make it too thin.
- Place a tawa or pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tsp ghee.
- Place the stuffed dough, let cook for a minute.
- Drizzle some ghee.
- Flip over & cook till both sides have turned golden brown.
- Press the edges with the spatula so the edges will cook well.
- Drizzle some ghee.
- Transfer to a plate & enjoy with raita & pickle.