Chicken patties sandwiched between mini Naan breads, you get to enjoy chicken Naanwich…
Making naanwich was absolutely not in my mind when I entered the Kitchen yesterday. My intention was to quick fix a meal without spending much time. That’s when I’ll be seen baking chicken patties so that I can serve them with salad or wrap them in tortilla or pita bread, couldn’t get any easier.
Only work I had to do was combining the ground chicken with all the ingredients and make into balls, the oven took care of the baking and I was seen doing other chores. When the chicken patties came out of the oven perfectly baked, I was all set to serve them with salad and ranch dressing.
As I opened the refrigerator, mini naan breads had a word with me and convinced me that I could make something fancy with them. That idea was so impressive that I had to ditch the salad and go behind the mini naan breads. Hence, these fancy Naanwiches were made, served and enjoyed…
My man and I loved these, the chicken patties along with the mini naan breads tasted delicious. I foresee myself making these quite often and these are going to be a hit in parties as well.
Baked Chicken patties
- Ground lean chicken- 1 lb or ½ Kg (or use lean ground beef)
- Fresh Spinach, chopped small- 2 cups
- Red pepper, chopped small- 1
- Green onions, chopped small- 1 stalk
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Ground Cumin- ½ tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
- If you want the patties to be spicy add chili powder- ¾ to 1 tsp
- Mini Naan breads- 18
- Fresh Spinach or lettuce
- Tomatoes, cut into rounds
- Ranch or Caesar dressing or Mayonnaise
- Cheese slices
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken with all the above mentioned ingredients.
- Make medium sized balls, flatten them between your hands.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the ground chicken patties on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the lower rack of the oven.
- First bake for 25 minutes, after that take the baking sheet out of the oven and flip the patties over.
- Bake for another 10 more minutes.
- Avoid over baking as the patties would turn dry and hard.
- Let the patties cool down a bit.
- Warm up the naan breads in the oven or in the microwave.
- Top one of the naan breads with spinach or lettuce, place one chicken patty, top with 1 round tomato and 1 cheese slice.
- Spread the other naan bread with Ranch or caesar or Mayonnaise. Place it over the cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
You could add any kind of seasonings to the ground chicken.
Use any kind of spread or dressing.