Asian style chicken bacon wrapped veggies, a perfect appetizer for parties…
There are so many recipes that can be made with bacon, literally anything can be wrapped with bacon. I don’t consume bacon or pork so I used chicken bacon instead to make this appetizer. Turkey bacon is also available if you are looking for more lean meat.
Making this is quite a breeze and makes a perfect appetizer for any parties…
How to make Chicken bacon wrapped veggies cooking video
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Red pepper or bell pepper, cut into wedges- 1
- Soy sauce- 1 tbsp
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce, low-sodium- 2 tbsp
- Rice Vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Honey- 1 tsp
- Green onions or scallions, cut into 3 inch slices
- Chicken Bacon
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Tooth pick
- You could use chicken bacon or turkey bacon.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil.
- Add red pepper cut into wedges to the pan and cook till blisters form on the skin.
- Add soy sauce and stir fry for a minute.
- Keep aside the red peppers, let cool down.
- Place 3 to 4 red pepper wedges and 3 to 4 spring onion slices on one side of the chicken bacon, roll it tightly.
- Insert a tooth pick horizontally through the end of the chicken bacon to keep the veggies in place.
- Use the same pan used for cooking red pepper, wipe off the pan with a kitchen paper towel. Place over medium heat.
- Add 2 tbsp oil, place the chicken bacon wrapped veggies on the pan and sear on both ends till lightly browned.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Use the same pan, wipe off the pan with a kitchen paper towel.
- Add water, soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey. Combine well and heat for a few seconds till the sauce thickens.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken bacon wrapped veggies.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.