Cauliflower stir fried in onion-tomato masala, delicious vegetarian dish…
Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable, it can be turned into several delicious dishes. It can be baked, fried, stir fried, steamed or just enjoy as it is and I love it made literally anyway. Many Indo-Chinese dishes can be made with cauliflower.
This is any easy to make stir fry; cauliflower florets stir fried with onion and tomato seasoned with Indian spices. Can be served with rice, chapati, roti etc.
- Oil- 1½ tbsp
- Bay leaves- 2
- Garlic, grated- 2 cloves
- Ginger, grated- 1 inch slice
- Green chili, chopped- 1
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ⅛ tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Cauliflower, florets- from 1 medium cauliflower
- Water- ½ cup
- Garam Masala- ¾ tsp
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
- Soak the cauliflower florets in warm water for 10 minutes, rinse and drain water.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, add oil- let oil turn hot.
- Add bay leaves, garlic, ginger and green chili, saute till golden.
- Add cumin seeds, saute for a few seconds till aromatic.
- Add onion, season with salt, saute till light golden.
- Add tomatoes, cook till slightly mashed.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fennel powder and salt. Combine well and cook for a minute.
- Add cauliflower florets, combine well.
- Add water and cook covered for 15 minutes, do not over cook the cauliflower.
- Stir fry till water has dried off.
- Add garam masala, stir fry for a minute.
- Add cilantro, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve along with rice, chapati, roti etc.