Cauliflower Dal or Cauliflower and lentil cooked together to make a nutritious curry…
The other day when I had made broccoli parathas, I wanted some kind of gravy to go with it. I combined cauliflower and moong dal and made a nutritious and healthy curry.
This curry can be served along with rice or rotis.
Cauliflower and Lentil Curry
Recipe type: Curry
For cooking cauliflower and Lentil
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Moong dal- 1 cup (or use Red lentil or Masoor Dal)
- Cauliflower, florets- 2 cups
- Chili Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Ground Cumin- ½ tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Water- 3 cups
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
For making Tempering
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- ¾ tsp
- Dry Red chilies- 2
- Place a pressure cooker over medium heat, add oil.
- Add moong dal, cauliflower, chili powder, coriander powder, ground cumin, garam masala, salt and water. Combine well.
- Cover the cooker with its lid and cook till 2 to 3 whistles.
- Let the pressure subside and open the lid.
- The gravy will be thick. If you want to thin it down add ¼ cup water to it and heat for a few minutes.
- Add cilantro, combine well.
Making the tempering
- Place a small frying pan over medium heat, add ghee and let it turn hot.
- Add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Half the dry red chilies using your fingers and add to the pan.
- Saute for a few seconds.
- Add this to the cooked cauliflower and lentil mixture, combine well.
- Keep covered for a few minutes.
- Serve along with Rice or Rotis.