Making these cookies in your kitchen is very easy and you only need a very few basic ingredients. The softened butter and powdered sugar are mixed well using a spatula, you don’t even need a mixer. All purpose flour is added to it and made into a dough. Freshly ground cardamom is used in this, it imparts an amazing aroma and flavour. Everything is great about this cookie, from the making to devouring.
I made these cookies yesterday, I don’t have any leftovers. It’s that irresistible. So, make sure you make a couple of batches if you have a big family or want to treat your guests.
- Unsalted Butter, softened- ½ cup or 1 stick
- Powdered Sugar- ½ cup (powder white granulated sugar in a blender)
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Baking powder- ¼ tsp
- Salt- ⅛ tsp
- Cardamom powder- ¼ tsp
- Soften the butter either in the microwave or keep it on the countertop at room temperature till softened.
- Grind white granulated sugar to a fine powder in a blender.
- Add softened butter and powdered sugar- add sugar little by little to the butter, using a spatula mix well for a few minutes till soft.
- Combine together all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom powder.
- Add the flour mix to the combined butter-sugar little by little and keep combining using the spatula.
- Once combined, knead the dough using your hand. Knead well for a few minutes.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 F or 150 C.
- After 20 minutes, make small balls out of the dough without any cracks (keep rolling between the palm of your hands till the surface turns smooth) and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, if it's too soft you can bake for another 5 more minutes. Do not let it turn brown, it should be white in color, bottom side should be golden in color.
- Remove from the oven and let cool down for 10 minutes- this step is very important, after the cookies cool down will set well.
- These cookies won't turn too hard, it will be soft and will just melt into your mouth.