Fresh basil leaves combined with ground chicken, made into patties and pan fried, stir fried with rice noodles in a sauce, aromatic and delicious Thai style dish…
I’m a sucker for basil leaves, it makes any dish taste aromatic and delicious. Fresh basil leaves are my true companion in winter- they opens up my senses and cures my head ache, cold and sinus. Love them to death…
The other day, I added basil leaves to the ground chicken and made into patties. Made a sauce and stir fried the chicken patties along with the noodles- aromatic and delicious Thai dish that is so comforting for your mind and soul as ready in no time.
Bird’s eye Chili
Basil Chicken Patties with Noodles- Thai Style
Recipe type: Main
For making chicken patties
- Chicken, ground- ½ kg
- Soy sauce- 1 tbsp
- Ground pepper- ⅛ tsp
- Green onions, chopped-1 stalk
- Fresh Basil leaves, chopped- 5
- Oil- 3 tbsp, to pan fry patties
Making sauce and stir fry
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Thai birds eye chill, halved- 1 (or use crushed red chili flakes- 1 tsp)
- Ginger, minced 1 inch slice
- Garlic, minced- 1 clove
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped- 10 leaves
- Shallots chopped- 7 (or use 1 chopped onion)
- Green pepper, cubed small- 1
- Red pepper, cubed small- 1
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp
- Water- ¼ cup
- Rice noodles, cooked
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
- Green onions, chopped- 1 stalk
- Cook rice noodles ( I also used spinach rice noodles) in boiling water till soft, drain the water, drizzle some oil over the cooked noodles, toss well this will prevent the noodles from sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine all the above mentioned ingredients 'to make chicken patties' except oil.
- Make round patties and flatten it.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add 3 tbsp oil.
- Place the chicken patties and pan fry for a few minutes till both sides turn golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and keep aside.
- Place a wok or non-stick pan over medium heat, add oil.
- Add bird's eye chili (this is very spicy so 1 is enough) or add crushed red chili flakes, saute for 3 seconds.
- Add minced ginger and garlic, saute till light golden in color.
- Add basil leaves, saute for a few seconds.
- Add shallots or onion, saute till translucent.
- Add green pepper and red pepper, stir fry over high heat till they turn tender.
- Add soy sauce, stir fry for a minute.
- Add water and stir fry over high heat for a minute.
- Add pan fried chicken patties, combine well to the sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice noodles, stir fry.
- Add soy sauce and stir fry.
- Finally, add chopped cilantro and green onions, stir fry over high heat for a minute.
- Transfer to a plate, and enjoy this aromatic and delicious Thai style basil chicken patties with noodles.