Crispy & delicious shrimp scallop fritters…
These fritters are truly a seafood lover’s delight. If you are a seafood lover, you gotta try this recipe. Easy recipe and tastes delightful.
I’ve added both shrimp & scallops for making these fritters. If you don’t have scallops, just make them with shrimp. This is Asian style, hence adding a few simple Asian ingredients. And yes, we need a dipping sauce that will elevate the taste of these fritters. Sharing an easy soy-sesame dipping sauce.
Air Fried Shrimp Scallop Fritters | Asian Style Easy Recipe |
Recipe type: Appetiser
Serves: 6 Fritters
For making fritters
- Shrimp, large- 5
- Baby scallops- 30
- Green onions, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Ground black pepper- a few pinches
- Salt- ⅛ tsp
- Rice flour- ¼ cup
- Soy sauce- 1 tsp
- Water- 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil- 1 tsp
For making dipping sauce
- Soy sauce, low-sodium- 3 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar- 1 tbsp (or add rice vinegar)
- Green onions, minced- 1 tbsp
- Pure sesame oil- 1 tsp
- Roasted sesame seeds, crushed- 1 tsp
- I've taken both shrimp & scallops, dice them finely.
- If you don't have scallops, you can make this with just shrimp; take 15 large shrimp & dice them finely.
- Add the diced shrimp & scallops to a bowl & add all the other ingredients for making the fritters except sesame oil.
- Combine well, add just enough water to bind everything. Don't make into a watery mixture.
- I've air-fried the fritters in my Instant Pot duo crisp & air fryer, any model air fryer can be used.
- Place the air fryer basket into the stainless steel pot & place the broil tray in the air fryer basket.
- Line the broil tray with parchment paper.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the fritter mixture & place it on the parchment paper.
- Drizzle some sesame oil on the top.
- Close the pot with the air fryer lid.
- Select air fry, set the time to 10 minutes, temperature should be 400 F or 200 C.
- After 10 minutes of air frying, open the lid.
- Flip the fritters over, close the pot with the lid & air fry for another 5 more minutes at 400 F.
- After total of 15 minutes of air frying, open the lid & transfer the fritters to a plate.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients mentioned 'for making the dipping sauce'. Combine well.
- Dip the crispy fritters in the dipping sauce & enjoy.
- This recipe will yield 6 fritters, for making more double or triple the recipe.