Rich, creamy & delicious pumpkin soup made in the Instant Pot with just 5 ingredients…
This is a perfect soup for Thanksgiving. Curry powder is added to flavor up the soup & coconut milk imparts a nutty taste.
Comforting & delicious soup to enjoy on any day.
5 Ingredient Easy Curried Pumpkin Soup | Instant Pot Recipe
Recipe type: Soup
- Pumpkin, diced- 1 small pumpkin (4 cups)
- Red lentils- 1 cup, rinsed
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Chicken stock or vegetable stock- 3 cups
- Curry powder- 1 tbsp
- Thin Coconut milk- 2 cups
- Lemon juice- ½ tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Salt- ½ tsp
For roasting pumpkin seeds
- Paprika- ½ tsp
- Ground black pepper- 1 few pinches
- Salt- a few pinches
- Use a small pumpkin that is used for making pies & for roasting.
- Half the pumpkin & dice them into large chunks.
- Save the pumpkin seeds, we can roast the seeds & top the soup.
- Using a peeler, peel off the skin.
- Dice up the pumpkin.
- Add the peeled & diced pumpkin along with red lentils & 1 tsp salt to the stainless steel pot.
- Add chicken stock or vegetable stock, or a combination of water & chicken bouillon cube.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select pressure cook setting, set the time to 15 minutes at high pressure.
- After 15 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes & then do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, using a spoon mash up the pumpkins.
- Pumpkins will be completely mashed up, so don't have to puree in a blender.
- Select saute setting, temperature should be medium.
- Add curry powder, combine well.
- Add coconut milk, combine well.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- If the soup is too thick, add chicken stock to thin it down.
- Add lemon juice & cilantro. Combine well.
- Take the pot out of the main pot.
- Serve in soup bowls, top with roasted pumpkin seeds.
How to make air fried pumpkin seeds
- Clean the pumpkin seeds under running water, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add paprika, a few pinches of ground black pepper & salt. Combine well.
- Add to the air fryer basket. Or roast in the oven, at 375 F for 15 to 20 minutes till the seeds turn crispy.
- I've used T-Fal actifry air fryer.
- Air fry for 18 minutes, pumpkin seeds will turn crispy.
- Enjoy this rich & delicious curried pumpkin soup.