In just 15 minutes, you will be sipping this delicious soup…
Sweet corn chicken soup is a popular Indo-Chinese soup and one of my favourite soups. In the Instant Pot, this soup can be made effortlessly. Throw all the ingredients into the stainless steel pot and pressure cook for 5 minutes, followed by quick pressure release. After that, switch to saute mode and let soup come to a boil. Add the beaten egg slowly and stir continuously, egg will turn into strands. Finally, add the aromatic sesame oil to make the soup taste delicious.
Serve while this soup is warm and enjoy.
15 minutes Instant Pot Sweet Corn Chicken Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- Chicken breast, cubed- 1
- Cream style corn- 1½ cups (canned)
- Chicken boullion cube- 1
- Water- 3 cups
- Soy sauce- 1 tbsp
- Rice Vinegar- ½ tbsp
- Ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Green onions, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Egg, beaten- 1
- Corn starch- 1 tbsp, dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
- Ground pepper- ⅛ tsp
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Sesame oil- 1 tsp
- To the stainless pot add chicken, cream-style corn, chicken bouillon cube, water, soy sauce, rice vinegar & green onions. Combine well.
- Instead of chicken cube you can add chicken stock 3 cups, if adding chicken stock don't add water.
- If you don't have cream-style corn, coarsely grind whole sweet corn kernels & add 1½ cups.
- Close the Instant Pot with the lid.
- Select Pressure cook setting, set the time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- After 5 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes & then do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid & combine the soup.
- Select saute setting at medium temperature.
- Let the soup come to a rolling boil.
- In a bowl, beat the egg well using a fork or whisk.
- Using one hand add the beaten egg slowly into the soup & using the other hand stir the soup with a spatula. Keep stirring to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Egg will form into strands or threads.
- Combine well.
- In a bowl, mix corn starch & 2 tbsp cold water.
- Add the cornstarch slurry to the soup, combine well.
- Add ground pepper, combine well.
- Add spring onions & chopped cilantro.
- Finally, towards the end add sesame oil, combine well. Don't skip adding sesame oil, this will greatly enhance the taste & flavor of the soup.
- Take the stainless pot out of the main pot.
- Serve in soup bowls and enjoy while it's warm.
- Comforting & aromatic soup for the soul.