15 minutes and you will enjoy hearty and healthy chicken and squash stew…
This will be a great recipe if you want to clean up the veggies in your refrigerator. Meat lovers, can add chicken or beef along with the mixed veggies. I had to use up the butternut squash, so added squash as well. Spiced up the ingredients, added tomato paste that gave this stew a nice vibrant red color.
In just 15 minutes, I was seen enjoying a bowl of this hearty stew. Can be served with brown rice, pasta, noodles etc.
Note: those are the peonies from my garden 🙂
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Dried bay leaves- 2
- Chicken breast, diced- 2 breasts
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Onion, diced- 1
- Carrot, diced- 1
- Butternut squash, diced- 2 cups
- Tomato, diced- 1
- Tomato paste- 3 tbsp
- Paprika- ¾ tsp
- Ground cumin- ¾ tsp
- Chili powder- ½ to 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Turn on Instant Pot.
- Click on Saute Mode, medium temperature.
- Let turn hot.
- Add oil, add dried bay leaves.
- Add chicken breasts, season with ground pepper and ½ tsp salt.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add diced onion, carrot, squash, tomato, tomato paste and all the spices. Add 1 tsp salt.
- Combine well.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Add 2 cups water. Combine well.
- Close the pot with its lid.
- Turn on Meat stew mode, set time to 15 minutes. Default pressure is high pressure.
- After 15 minutes of cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, combine the stew well.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Can be enjoyed as it is or serve along with brown or white rice, pasta, noodles, roti etc.