This is a guest post submitted by Tazin Faiz.
Savory Shrimp cheesecake
Author: Tazin Faiz
Recipe type: snack
Serves: 2 People
- 5 large shrimp,peeled and deviened
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (i replaced with corriander leaf)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 to 3 small red chili pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp black pepper or more
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Oyster sauce for serving.
- Preheat oven to 180' C or 350 F, grease the ramekins by spraying with non stick cooking spray.
- In a pan, add spring onion, parsley/corriander leaf, onion, chopped garlic cloves, red chili pepper, butter and the shrimp.
- Cook until the shrimp has cooked well. It takes around 5 to 6 minutes. Do not over cook. Remove from the flame and chop the shrimp. Do not make a paste.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, feta cheese, cooked herbs and chopped shrimp. Mix them well.
- Scrap the sides of the bowl, add sourcream, egg, black pepper, give a good whisk.
- Add olive oil, mix them.
- Pour this batter into the prepared ramekins.
- Meanwhile, boil some water and pour into a large baking pan ( fill 2 inch of the pan).
- Place the ramekins into the pan.
- Put the whole thing in the preheated oven and bake till 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool down and serve.