A simple, comforting and delicious cake…
I cannot put into words how much I loved this cake or loaf cake. Turning pureed pumpkin into this cake was the best transformation ever. I can definitely without any doubts affirm that this is one of my favorite cakes and I’ll make it again. A very simple cake with an outstanding taste. Not just the taste, the flavor and the texture were great too.
The pureed pumpkin, brown sugar and the spices added made this cake taste, smell and look phenomenal. I tell ya it’s so hard to stop with a couple of slices, you will get greedy and will be tempted to hide some just for you to devour later. It’s that delicious!!!
- Flour for making cake/pastry or All purpose flour-1⅔ cups
- Baking powder- ½ tsp
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Ground cinnamon- 1 tsp
- Pumpkin spice- ½ tsp ( or use ground nutmeg, dried ginger mix)
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Granulated white sugar- 1 cup
- Brown sugar- ¼ cup
- Butter, room temperature- 1 stick or ½ cup
- Eggs, room temperature- 2, large
- Pumpkin Puree, canned- 1 cup
- Milk- ½ cup
- Pre heat oven to 350 or 175 C.
- Use a 9 inch loaf pan or round pan or spring foam pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, grease the pan with butter.
- Sift together into a bowl all the "dry ingredients" mentioned above. Keep aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a stand mixer. Or use an electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat it till combined well.
- Add pumpkin puree, beat it for a couple of minutes.
- Add flour mixture in 2 additions, alternating with milk.
- Beat just until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan or cake pan.
- Place on the middle rack in the preheated oven and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a fork inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- If the middle of the cake hasn't cooked well after an hour, place the cake pan on the top rack and bake for another 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool down completely.
- Run the sides of the cake with a knife and slide it to a platter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into loaves or any shapes.
- Enjoy this delicious and comforting cake with a cup of tea or coffee.
I used canned pumpkin puree without any seasonings added to it.