To enjoy pizza with a buttery, crunchy and flaky crust, you have to use Puff pastry sheets…
The other day, the idea of making pizza using puff pastry sheets hit me real hard and I was so excited to execute the idea. I spread the thawed puff pastry with seasoned tomato sauce and topped with sliced potatoes, shallots, jalapeños and parmesan cheese. The end result was buttery, crunchy and flaky crusted pizza with a delicious potato topping.
Puff Pastry sheet
Puff pastry sheet topped with sauce, baked potato slices and shallots
Top with green onions, cilantro, pickled jalapeños and cheese
Baked puff pastry pizza
- Puff pastry sheet- 1
- Potato, sliced thin- 2
- Shallots, cut thin and long- 3 (optional)
- Pickled jalapeños- 6 to 8
- Green onions, chopped- 1 stalk
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
- Parmesan cheese or cheddar or mozzarella cheese- ¼ cup to ½ cup
- Ground pepper- a few pinches
- Tomato sauce- 1¼ cups
- Ground cumin- ½ tsp
- Dried Oregano- ¾ tsp
- Ground pepper- ¼ tsp
- Salt- a few pinches
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Slice the potatoes into thin round slices.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray non-stick cooking spray over the aluminum foil.
- Place the sliced potatoes on the aluminum foil, season with a few pinches of ground pepper and salt. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Potatoes will turn tender, remove the baking sheet from the oven and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, combine tomato sauce with ground cumin, dried oregano, ground pepper and salt. Place the saucepan over medium heat, let the sauce come to a slight boil. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool down.
- Heat a non-stick cooking pan, add 1 tbsp oil and add chopped shallots into the oil and cook till shallots turn golden in color. Keep aside.
- Place the thawed puff pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- On the thawed puff pastry sheet, spread the seasoned tomato sauce over it.
- Top the sauce with baked sliced potatoes, shallots, pickled jalapeños, green onions and cilantro.
- Finally, you could top with either parmesan cheese or cheddar/mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the puff pastry pizza from the oven and let cool down a bit.
- Cut into slices and enjoy the puff pastry pizza.
You could top with cooked ground beef or chicken.