Recipe type: Snacks
- 1 lb cleaned raw prawns, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 10 slices thinly sliced bread, crusts removed
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, approx
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- oil, for deep-frying
- To make the paste, put in your food processor: the prawns, salt, egg, ginger, soy, onions and sesame oil, process into a paste.
- Cut the breads into rectangles, approx 3 per slice.
- Spread the prawn paste on the bread, with a slight mound in the center.
- Put the sesame seeds in a small bowl and press the paste side into the seeds.
- Heat the oil to a medium heat and deep-fry the toasts paste side down for 2 to 3 minutes then turn them over and fry until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oil, drain on paper kitchen towel.
- Repeat process until they are all done.