Healthy Air fried (low fat & low carb) Pesto Salmon & Broccoli made in the TFal Actifry…
I’ve been using TFal Actifry for the past couple of months. Finally, I’m getting the hang of it and started making main dishes for lunch/dinner in it. As I had mentioned in my previous posts, Actifryer is a compact oven and cooks by circulating hot air around the food using the convection mechanism.
I’ve the wire mesh snack basket as well, hence I can cook 2 dishes simultaneously- one of the dishes placed on the main basket and the second one placed on the snack basket. I love cooking this way, 2 dishes will be cooked at the same time. If one of the dishes require more cooking time, you can continue cooking that dish after the other dish has been taken out of the air fryer.
I made salmon seasoned with basil pesto and pesto seasoned broccoli in the Actifry; broccoli was spread on the main basket and salmon wrapped in aluminum foil was placed on the snack basket- cooked in Mode 3 for 20 minutes.
Both turned out perfect; salmon was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. Pesto is my one of my favorite spreads and made the salmon and broccoli flavorful and aromatic.
This is a low carb, low calorie, low oil and healthy meal can be served for lunch or dinner.
- Salmon- 2 fillets
- Basil pesto- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Ground pepper- ¼ tsp/fillet
- Salt- a few pinches/fillet
- Broccoli florets- from 1 medium sized broccoli
- Garlic, chopped- 2 cloves
- Green onions, chopped- 2 stalks
- Basil Pesto- 2 tbsp
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Salt- a few pinches
- Olive oil- ½ tbsp
- Place each salmon fillet on separate aluminum foils.
- Spread basil pesto over each fillet, season with ground pepper and salt, spread evenly.
- Wrap the aluminum foil well. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine broccoli with all the above mentioned ingredients. Combine well.
- Spread the seasoned broccoli on the main basket without the paddle
- Place the wrapped salmon fillets on the wire mesh snack basket and place it over the main basket.
- Close the Actifry.
- Choose Mode 3 and time 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of air frying. Take the snack basket out of the fryer.
- Unwrap the foil and place it on a plate, serve broccoli along with it.
- Enjoy this healthy & delicious Pesto salmon and broccoli. It's Yum.