Pesto Chicken Sandwich with Avocado spread, one of my favorite easy to make sandwiches…
Being a basil pesto fanatic, I love anything that has pesto in it. This sandwich is one of my favorites, it’s easy to make and flavorful. I like to pack this if I’m going on a picnic.
I also made an easy avocado spread, smeared the spread on the bread and topped the bread with tomato, chicken and cheese. I love this grilled on a panini maker, grilling will make the sandwich crunchy and delicious. If you don’t have a panini maker, you can place the sandwich on a pan and then place a cast iron pan or something heavy over the sandwich and cook till the bread turns golden and crispy.
You could add any kind of spreads or mayonnaise, greens, red or green peppers etc etc…there are too many options you’ve got.
- Boneless chicken breasts, halved- 2
- Basil Pesto- 3 tbsp
- Avocados, ripe- 2
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Ground pepper- ¼ tsp
- Salt- a few pinches
- Bread, whole wheat or multi grain
- Tomatoes, cut in round
- Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese- 2 to 3 tbsp/sandwich
- I first halved the boneless chicken breasts horizontally and then halved each slice again vertically: that way it will be thinner.
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl, add the pesto and combine well.
- Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, grease with non-stick cooking spray, place the marinated chicken on the pan.
- Cook till both sides turn golden brown and the inside has cooked well.
- Transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- Remove the seeds from the avocados, and scoop the flesh out of the skin.
- Mash the avocados well.
- Add lemon juice, ground pepper and salt, combine well.
- Evenly spread the avocado spread on two slices of bread.
- Place 2 round cut tomatoes on the bread, top with 2 slices of cooked pesto chicken, spread cheese on it and close with the other bread.
- Place on a panini maker, grill till the cheese has melted and the bread turns crispy and golden.
- Cut the sandwich into 2 halves and enjoy while its warm along with your favorite salad to make a full meal.
- If you don't have a panini maker, you can place the sandwich on a pan and then place a cast iron pan or something heavy on the sandwich and cook till the cheese has melted and bread turns crispy and golden.