Mushroom and pepper dry roast…
This is an Indo-Chinese vegetarian dish; mushrooms are seasoned with soy sauce and chili sauce and stir fried. This can be served along with rice, noodles or roti.
Pepper Mushroom Stir Fry- Easy Mushroom Stir Fry
Cuisine: Indo Chinese
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Bay leaves- 2
- Garlic, sliced- 2
- Ginger, sliced- 1 inch slice
- Dried Red chilies- 2, halved
- Onion-1, sliced thin
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Green pepper, cubed- 1
- Mushrooms, sliced- 15 (brown or white)
- Ground black pepper- ½ tsp
- Soy Sauce- 2 tbsp
- Chili Sauce- 1 tbsp
- Green onion, chopped- 2 stalks
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add cumin seeds and bay leaves, sauté for 2 seconds till aromatic.
- Add sliced garlic and ginger; saute till they turn light golden in color.
- Add dried red chilies, saute for 2 seconds.
- Add sliced onion, season with ¼ tsp salt and saute for a few minutes.
- Add green pepper and mushrooms; combine well.
- Add ¼ cup water and cook till mushroom turn soft.
- Add ground black pepper, soy sauce and chili sauce.
- Stir fry over high heat for a few minutes till dry and slightly browned.
- Add green onions and cilantro, combine well.
- Serve along with rice, noodles, roti etc.