Delicious oven roasted butternut squash…
I like to either roast the butternut squash or make a soup out of it. Every time, when I roast them I try to add different seasonings and spices. Once, I added Asian seasonings and roasted them, it was delicious. So, this time seasoned diced butternut squash with paprika, ground cumin and garam masala, roasted them till they got golden brown. I love the caramelized buttery flavor of the roasted butternut squash.
- Butternut Squash, diced- 1
- Paprika- 1 tsp
- Ground cumin- ½ tsp
- Garam Masala- ¾ tsp
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- 1½ tbsp
- Green Onions, chopped- 1 stalk
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Peel the skin off the butternut squash and dice them evenly.
- In a bowl, combine the diced butternut squash along with all the above mentioned ingredients except green onions.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the seasoned butternut squash on the baking sheet.
- Keep the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 40 minutes till the squash turns golden brown in color.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle chopped green onions over them.
- Serve as a side dish and enjoy.