Oats and apples together tastes delicious, loved the combination…
During weekends, I try hard to overcome my morning laziness and make a delicious brunch for my Man. On Sunday, just before I was out of the bed, I had a few minutes of tug of war: whether to make brunch from scratch or to settle down with cereal. I won the war and made up my mind to make delicious pancakes as I knew my Man would love it. As I got off the bed, my Man very sweetly asked me if I could make pancakes for him. Now, that’s a coincidence, we both were thinking of pancakes 🙂 I told him “your wish is going to be true in a few minutes”. After I enjoyed a cup of hot coffee, I felt enthusiastic and started making pancakes.
I love to have oats for breakfast, and I love the fact that oats can be added to the pancake batter which gives a nice chewy texture. For a crunchy bite, I added chopped apples as well. The combination of oats and apples were just fantastic, we both loved this pancake. In fact, I wanted to make a second batch, it was that delicious.
Oats and Apple pancake batter
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Instant Oats- 1 cup
- Brown sugar- ¼ cup
- Baking powder- ½ tbsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Ground cinnamon- ¼ tsp
- Apple, chopped small- 1
- Milk- 1½ cups
- Egg, large- 1
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter, while cooking- ½ tbsp/pancake
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and ground cinnamon.
- In an another bowl, whisk together milk, egg and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine well using a spoon without any lumps.
- Add chopped apples and combine well to the batter.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium heat, add ½ tbsp butter: let it melt.
- Pour 1 large spoonful of batter over the melted butter.
- Let the bottom side cook and turn golden brown. Flip it over and let the other side cook well too.
- If you insert a fork into the center of the pancake, it should come out clean.
- Transfer to a plate.
- While serving, pour maple syrup or honey and enjoy.
You could freeze these pancakes, before serving thaw it and microwave it.