Energy boosters that can be made with zero effort…
I literally feel lethargic in the afternoon after lunch. I immediately intake caffeine to keep myself from dozing off. I cannot imagine an afternoon without drinking coffee or tea. Most of the times, it depends on the kind of food we have for lunch. If it’s too starchy or greasy we are definitely going to feel tired. On the other hand, a healthy lunch wouldn’t make us that tired. However, I am always in need of some energy booster after lunch.
The other day I watched Dr Oz’s show, he talked a lot about energy boosters. It was like he read my mind. That program was a wealth of information. Through that show I learned some tricks that would help me focused and energetic in the afternoon.
According to Dr Oz: eating 2 kiwi’s a day will provide more energy than bananas. I did buy a huge bag of kiwi on my last shopping. To ripen the kiwis, just put them in a dark paper bags. He also shared the recipe for making oats peanut butter bars that will boost up our energy level instantly. It was the easiest recipe ever,no need to bake or cook and it called only for a couple of minutes of mixing up all the ingredients. I made that right away as I had all the ingredients. It tasted delicious and I had been snacking on that in the afternoon for the past couple of days. This can be eaten for breakfast too. This is indeed one of the best oats bars which is delicious, healthy and a perfect energy booster.
Original recipe here
- Instant or quick cook oats, uncooked- 1 cup
- Dried cherries or dried cranberries- ⅓ cup
- Peanut butter, fat free- ½ cup
- Honey- 3 tbsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Peanut butter will loosen up while combining with the other ingredients.
- I combined the ingredients with my hand which helped in mixing up evenly.
- Spread the mixture in a pan and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and enjoy.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated for a few days.