Chicken cooked in the Instant Pot, shredded and made into a delicious sandwich…
Crispy and delicious chicken sandwich made effortlessly. For making sandwich, I’ve been pressure cooking boneless chicken breast in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes. Chicken is cooked so well that it can be shredded. Add your favorite sauce to the shredded chicken, cook for a couple of minutes.
Spread the shredded chicken over the bread slice, top with salad greens, cheese, smear the outside of the bread slices with butter and grill till golden and crispy.
This is now my most favorite chicken sandwich, love the crispiness and the delicious sandwich.
- Chicken breast, boneless- 2 breasts
- Ground pepper- a few pinches
- Salt- a few pinches
- Soy sauce- 1 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce- 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup- 1 tbsp
- Hot sauce- 1 tsp (optional) or add ground pepper
- Bread slices- whole wheat or white
- Butter, unsalted
- Salad greens, tomatoes, spinach etc
- Cheddar cheese
- Into the instant pot stainless steel liner, add chicken breast, season with ground pepper and salt.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Place the liner into the main pot.
- Turn on the Instant pot.
- Select pressure mode- high temperature, set timer to 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Take the cooked chicken out of the pot, let cool down for a few minutes.
- Save the chicken stock for making soups or cooking rice. Store in an air tight refrigerator in the refrigerator.
- Shred the cooked chicken using a fork.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the stainless steel liner.
- Click on Saute mode- medium temperature.
- Add the sauces to the shredded chicken, combine well, let cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- You could add any of your favorite sauces- BBQ sauce, Thai peanut satay sauce etc etc.
- Remove the liner from the pot and keep aside.
- Smear one side of a bread slice with butter.
- On the other side, place the shredded chicken on the bread slice.
- Top with salad greens, tomatoes etc.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Close with another bread slice, smear the top of the bread slice with butter.
- You could either grill the sandwich on a panini maker or on a non-stick pan- place the sandwich on the hot non-stick pan, press down with a lid and cook till bottom side turns golden and crispy, flip it over and cook.
- Transfer to a cutting board, cut into halves and serve.
- Enjoy this crispy and delicious chicken sandwich.