Kerala style Inji curry or puli inji or ginger pickle made in the Instant pot…
This is a refreshing dish made with fried ground ginger along with spices and tamarind. This is a pickle and is one of the pickle dishes served in Sadya.
Instant Pot Inji Curry- Puli Inji- Ginger Pickle- Instant Pot Kerala Sadya Recipes
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6 People
- Fresh Ginger- cut into round slices- 1 cup
- Oil- ½ cup for frying ginger
To Roast & Grind
- Whole red dry chilies- 2
- Coriander seeds- 1 tbsp
- Oil, used for frying ginger- 1 tbsp
- Tamarind juice- 2-inch fresh tamarind slice soaked in ½ cup water
- Asafoetida – ⅛ tsp
- Jaggery or Palm sugar grated- 1 tbsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Oil, used for frying ginger- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Whole Red dry chili- 2
- Soak 2 inch slice or gooseberry sized fresh tamarind in ½ cup water for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, squeeze the tamarind in water and extract the juice.
- Strain the extract. Keep aside.
- Turn on Instant Pot.
- Select saute setting, at normal temperature.
- Let hot sign display.
- Add oil for frying. Let oil turn hot.
- Add sliced ginger and fry till golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Let cool down.
- Save the oil used for frying ginger in a bowl.
- To the stainless steel pot, add 1 tbsp oil used for frying ginger.
- Add coriander seeds & dried red chilies, saute for 3 minutes till they turn aromatic. Let cool down.
- Transfer the fried ginger to a blender jar, add the roasted coriander seeds & dried chilies.
- Grind to a smooth paste, add 1 to 2 tbsp water while grinding.
- Select saute setting at normal temperature and let stainless steel pot turn hot.
- Add 2 tbsp oil used for frying ginger, add the mustard seeds let it splutter.
- Add whole red chilies and add the ground ginger mixture, saute in the oil for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 to 1½ tsp salt.
- Add tamarind juice and asafoetida, cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the jaggery and combine everything well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the main pot and let cool down.
- This can be stored in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- Serve 1 tsp along with rice.