Yet another easy breezy recipe made in the Instant Pot- Tandoori chicken and it’s healthy…
If not for Instant Pot, in Winter I would have baked the tandoori chicken in the oven. In Summer, it’s all about outdoor grilling.
In the Instant Pot, chicken is cooked in a few minutes and effortlessly. Chicken legs smeared with an aromatic spice mix are allowed to marinate and cooked at high pressure in the IP for 10 minutes followed by Natural pressure release. I like my chicken legs browned and crispy, so I broiled the chicken legs for a few minutes in the oven.
Turned out perfect and delicious.
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- Chili powder- 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Cumin powder- ¾ tsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tsp
- Salt- 2 tsp
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Yogurt- 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Chicken legs- 10 to 12 (or use bone-in chicken pieces)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients mentioned above for making the marinade.
- You could use skin on chicken legs or skinned. You can use any kind of bone-in chicken pieces.
- Using a sharp knife, put 2 or 3 gashes or lines over the chicken meat.
- Spread the marinade over the chicken legs and let marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Turn on the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup water into the stainless steel pot.
- Grease the trivet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the trivet over the water.
- Stack the marinated chicken legs over the trivet. (or line the trivet with aluminum foil).
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select pressure mode- set time to 10 minutes at high pressure.
- In Instant Pot 7 in 1 DUO- you have to turn the knob on the lid to sealing. In Instant Pot Ultra, don't have to worry about this.
- Let it pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- After that do a natural pressure release- takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place the cooked chicken legs on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Spread coconut oil or veg oil over the chicken legs.
- Turn on the broil mode in the oven at high.
- Place the baking sheet with the cooked chicken legs in the oven.
- Let broil for a few minutes till chicken turns golden brown and crispy.
- Note: Keep an eye on the chicken while broiling, it can burn fast as the temperature is very high.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the chicken legs.
- Serve on a platter along with onion rings, lemon wedges etc, enjoy while they are warm.