Shakshuka made in the Instant Pot…
Shakshuka is a popular Mediterranean dish, eggs poached in a delicious tomato sauce. I tweaked the recipe a bit & made my own twist by poaching eggs in ground beef-tomato sauce.
Tasted delish and is effortless to make in the Instant Pot. Can be served with pita bread or flatbread.
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Garlic, chopped- 2 cloves
- Potato, diced- 1
- Tomato, chopped- 1
- Green pepper, diced- 1
- Ground beef- 300 g
- Paprika- 1 to 2 tsp
- Ground cumin- 1 tsp
- Chili powder- ½ to 1 tsp
- Dried oregano- 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Tomato Sauce- 1½ cups
- Eggs- 4 to 6
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Into the stainless steel pot, add all the ingredients mentioned 'for pressure cooking'.
- Combine well and break the ground beef wihtout any lumps.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select pressure cook setting. Set time to 15 minutes at high pressure.
- After 15 minutes of pressure cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, combine everything well.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Select Saute setting. Temperature should be Normal.
- Cook for 3 minutes and let gravy come to a slight boil.
- Taste and add more salt if required.
- Crack the eggs into the sauce- 4 to 6 eggs can be added.
- Poach the eggs for 5 minutes, let yolks turn slightly hard it shouldn't be running.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve in a deep dish and enjoy with pita bread or flat bread.