Brown basmati rice cooking in the Instant Pot…
Brown basmati rice is a healthy alternative to white basmati rice; it’s high in fiber, cholesterol-free, low in fat, and natural. Taste-wise, white basmati rice is aromatic & flavorful compared to brown basmati rice. For making biryani & pulao, I would strongly recommend using white basmati rice for making the best tasting biryani or pulao.
Brown rice & brown basmati rice are quite similar, however brown basmati rice is much more aromatic than brown rice.
In the Instant Pot, both brown rice & brown basmati rice have the same cooking time. White basmati rice can be cooked in just 6 minutes in the Instant Pot.
Here is the video for cooking brown rice & White basmati rice in the Instant Pot
- Brown Basmati Rice- 2 cups
- Water- 2¼ cups
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Rinse the brown basmati rice taken in a strainer under running water.
- If you prefer, you can soak the rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Add the rinsed brown basmati rice into the stainless steel pot.
- Season with salt.
- Add water, combine well.
- Close the Instant Pot with its lid.
- If using 7 in 1 DUO IP, turn the pressure release valve to SEALING.
- Select Pressure cook setting.
- Set time to 25 minutes at high pressure.
- After 25 minutes of pressure cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, fluff the rice with a fork.
- Let the rice rest in the stainless steel pot for 10 minutes before serving. Keep it covered.
- For making soft rice: for 2 cups rice, 2¼ cups water (1 :1¼ ratio) has to be added.
- For making crisp rice: for 2 cups rice, 2 cups water (1:1 ratio) to be added.