Instant Pot 4 minutes pasta, easy breezy yet delicious…
You heard me! in just 4 minutes delicious creamy pasta will be ready to be devoured. It’s been snowing since 2 days, being a snow freak it’s definitely magical for me. I can enjoy the snow showers all day long and through out winter while most people complain about it (as along as my Man does the snow blowing 😀 )
Here is my snow covered backyard…
Snowy weather does make me lazy and cozy though. I was about to order something for dinner, that’s when Instant Pot winked at me and I fell for it. This time I went vegetarian and threw some of the vegetables that’s been sitting idle in my refrigerator: green peppers, yellow peppers and broccoli. I even had some leftover salsa that I added while making the pasta. Seasoned with ground cumin and dried oregano, added macaroni pasta along with water and cooked at high pressure for 4 minutes and did QR.
After the pasta has cooked perfectly, added cheese that made it creamy and delicious.
If you want to make this non-veg, feel free to add boneless chicken breast seasoned with ground pepper and add to the vegetables and pasta. Perfect one pot meal that tastes delicious and made effortlessly.
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Dry red chili flakes- 1 tsp
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Green pepper, chopped- 1
- Yellow pepper, chopped- 1
- Broccoli florets- 1 cup
- Salsa or Tomato Sauce- 1 cup
- Ground cumin- 1 tsp
- Dried Oregano or parsely or basil or Italian seasoning- 1 tsp
- Macaroni Pasta, Whole wheat- 2 cups
- Water- 1½ cups
- Cheddar cheese- 1½ cups
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls (or parsley)
- Salt- to taste
- Turn on the Instant pot.
- Click Saute button, click Adjust- set temperature to Normal.
- Let the display show HOT.
- Add oil, add dry red chili flakes, saute for a few seconds.
- Add onion, season with ¼ tsp salt. Saute for a minute.
- Add green pepper, yellow pepper, broccoli florets or any kinds of mixed veggies.
- Add salsa or tomato sauce, ground cumin, dried oregano, pasta and water. Combine well.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Turn vent to Sealing.
- Click Manual- High pressure- set time to 4 minutes.
- Before you know it will beep and do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, combine well.
- Add cilantro and cheese, add salt to taste.
- Done, delicious and creamy pasta is ready to be enjoyed.
- If you prefer, you could even add boneless chicken breast and cook along with veggies and pasta.