Turn the ripe bananas into moist and delicious banana bread in the Instant Pot. Banana bread or cake can be made in the Instant Pot in cake setting or Pressure setting. To make the banana bread even more delicious, have added chocolate chips.
How to Make Instant Pot Moist Banana bread or Banana Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- All-purpose flour- 1½ cups
- White sugar or brown sugar- ½ cup
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon - ½ tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Ripe bananas- 3, mashed well
- Melted butter, unsalted- ⅓ cup
- Egg- 1
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips- 1 tbsp (or add more)
- In a bowl: combine flour, sugar, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, mash the ripe bananas using a fork or potato masher until smooth and without any lumps.
- Add the melted butter, egg and vanilla extract. Combine well using a whisk till smooth.
- Slowly add the prepared dry ingredients or flour mix into the banana mixture, combine well till the batter has a smooth constituency.
- Add the chocolate chips, mix well.
- Grease a 6-inch baking pan or springform pan with butter.
- Pour the batter into the pan, even out the top.
- Close the pan with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 cup water to stainless steel pot. Place the trivet, place the baking pan on the trivet.
- Close the IP with the lid.
- In Ultra Model: Click on Cake button, set time to 55 minutes, at high pressure.
- In 7 in 1 Model: Click pressure button, use manual setting to adjust the time to 55 minutes and high pressure.
- After 55 minutes of pressure cooking, let pressure release naturally-takes 15 minutes.
- Open the lid, take the baking pan out of the pot.
- Remove the aluminum foil, let cool down for 15 minutes in the pan itself.
- After cooling, cut the banana bread into wedges and enjoy! YUM!